Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Day 10-BOGO

In frugal land, BOGO stands for Buy One Get One (as in get the second one free).  I love BOGO.  If I had the time and were doing the blogging I had intended to do long ago before I lost my blog, I would be posting all the BOGO deals at Publix (and Walgreens and CVS) and matching them up with coupons because I really think that everyone in town needs to know about these things.  

Well today is BOGO day for memorizing.  I am going crazy and will do two verses in one day.  Woo-hoo!  (Full disclosure:  I already had these memorized; I'm sure you do too.  I am memorizing in the KJV, so I do have to change the word order a bit and throw in a "ye", but that is really nothing compared to the from scratch memorizing I have been doing.) 
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 
Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9
I love having these verses in their full context now.  And I love that I will be able to remember I can find them in Ephesians Chapter 2; they are verses 8 and 9.  Prior to all this memorizing it was closer to, "Um, one of the epistles, pretty sure it's Ephesians."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

my favorite thing to say is "it's in the Bible, somewhere in between genesis and revelation, go find it yourself". my kids are even pretty good about biblegateway.net to figure out where the verse is that mom is talking about.... muttering under her breath....

Meg in Tally said...

You must not have ever gone to camp...I can't SAY these verses, but I sure can sing them and tell you the address!!! LOL!