Monday, November 3, 2008

Ch. 3 v. 14-18-Lose 10 Pounds, Now!

I caught your attention there, didn't I?

I had memorized verses 14 through 21 previously, so I am going through those more quickly, although not as quickly as I had supposed. 

This memorization stuff is really all about review.  I am amazed that by spending a few minutes every day or few days reciting just once the Ephesians verses I have memorized thus far I am retaining the first two chapters.  At the same time I am surprised that trying to memorize these previously memorized verses is actually taking some work.

It reminds me of losing weight.  After all the hard work, you have to maintain or you'll be right back where you started before you know it.  Ask me how I know.  No, don't.  
For this cause I bow my knees unto the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, 
Of whom the whole family in heaven and earth is named,
That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man;
That Christ my dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love,
May be able to comprehend with all saints what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height;
Ephesians 3:14-18

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i was hoping that you would say that memorizing Scripture has helped you drop 10 pounds in some amazing way... oh well...